The ultimate Bali Bucket List with 125 things to do
March 7, 2017
Bali is undoubtedly one of my favorite places on earth. The island has gained its reputation through its breathtaking beaches, unique culture, and amazing nature. This Bali bucket list is a comprehensive list of the wonderful places you should visit and the amazing things you should do. Since, I lived for about seven months on the island, I already experienced some of these amazing things. I have marked the things that I have done. Make sure to save this list for your trip to Bali!
Welcome to the Bali Bucket List
Must-Visit Beaches in Bali
– Discover the Nyang Nyang Surfing beach – Visit Dreamland Beach – Be surprised by the Green Bowl beach – Photograph Yeh Leh beach that is covered with many mysterious rocks – Swim at Gunung Payung beach – Visit the cliffs of Melasti beach – Discover Geger beach – Enjoy untouched beauty at Karma beach Visit white sand beach; Bias Tugal (Pantai Kecil) Visit the black beaches of Amed Enjoy paradise at Pasir Putih beach (virgin beach) Be at peace at Sanur beach Watch dolphins at the beach of Lovina Witness the amazing hotels and ocean view at Nusa Dua beach Be a pirate on the beach at the Pirate Bay. Kayak around at Pandawa beach Swim at Padang Padang beach Swim at Blue point beach Watch surfers and the crowd at Kuta beach Visit the Suluban Cave and Uluwatu beach
Watch a sunrise or sunset in Bali
Watch the sunset on a Beanbag at La Plancha (great atmosphere) Climb Mount Batur (1,717m.) and watch the sunrise from the top Watch the sunset with a cocktail at Rock Bar (amazing view) Witness the sunset at Uluwatu Temple Witness the sunrise at Sanur beach
✔ Enjoy the views of the Tabanan rice fields – Wander around in the sacred and secret canyon of Sukawati – Enjoy the view from the hill at Bukit Asah Bugbug, Karangasem – Climbing Mount Agung: the highest active and holiest volcano of Bali – See the Marigold flower fields ✔ Participate in a beach clean up – Visit the Lotus Lagoon at Candidasa ✔ Take a photo in a rice paddy field ✔ Go for an afternoon walk at Campahun Ridge Walk Mountain cycling Climb Mount Batur (1,717m.) and watch the sunrise from the top Visit the Twin Lakes of Tamblingan and Buyan Wander around the Tegallalang Rice Terraces
Waterfalls in Bali
– Hike and visit the Blahmantung Waterfall ✔ Visit the twin waterfall – Banyumala Twin Waterfall – Enjoy one of Bali’s highest waterfalls; Yeh Mampeh Waterfall – Walk 509 steps to see the amazing Nungnung Waterfall – See the hidden Jembong Waterfall ✔ Enjoy the water pool around the Tegenungan Waterfall ✔ Cool down in the fresh water of the Tibumana Waterfall ✔ Watch the Tukad Cepung waterfall surrounded by rocks ✔ Hike to one of Bali’s hidden waterfalls; Kuning waterfall Enjoy different waterfalls at Sekumpul Waterfall Slide down a waterfall at Aling-Aling Waterfalls Visit the famous Git Git waterfall Hike around the Secret Gardens and enjoy the jungle view with plenty of waterfalls
Culture (temples, dances, museums) in Bali
– Visit the Gunung Kawi Temple – Experience a jewellery workshop in Celuk – Visit the Pura Alas Jagasari temples – Learn about stone carving in Batuan – Visit the Ujung Water Palace – Visit Goa Gajah (elephant cave) Enter the gate to heaven on top of the Pura Lempuyang Luhur Visit the Taman Ayun Temple from 1600 Photograph the Ulun Danu Bratan Temple at lake Bratan Drive scooter like a local Wander inside the caves at Goa Lawah Temple with hundreds of bats Get impressed by the Bajra Sandhi Monument in Denpasar See a small version of the Boro Budur temple: Brahma Vihara-Arama’ Boedhist temple Visit one of the two markets in Ubud (one is touristic and one is local) Visit the Bali museum in Denpasar Buy arts at Ubud Art Market Experience the Balinese culture and help planting rice Get a Balinese Purification Blessing Learn about Balinese Batik-making and Weaving in Tohpati Learn about the Balinese cuisine by joining a Balinese cooking class Visit the Tanah Lot Temple (also called the water temple) Watch the Uluwatu Kecak Dance and visit the Uluwatu temple Pay a visit to Besakih Temple (mother temple)
Typical Balinese food
– Have dinner with monsters and creatures at Frankenstein’s Laboratory ✔ Get a smoothy bowl in Canggu ✔ Visit Deus Ex Machina concept store and restaurant in Canggu – Have dinner and go back in time to the 1960’s at the old school Cosmic Diner ✔ Have food in the Man Shed restaurant, a transformed garage with motorcycles and pool tables ✔ Try the traditional Balinese pork roast; Babi Guling ✔ Visit the Gianyar night food market Enjoy luxurious food at three monkeys restaurant in Ubud Eat at the Malam Pasar Night Market in Sanur Learn about the Balinese cuisine by joining a Balinese cooking class Enjoy fresh seafood at Jimbaran Bay on the beach Try a local beer; Bintang
✔ Drink cocktails on the lounges of Potato Head – Party at the Cocoon Restaurant and Bar Club in Legian – Have a drink at a colourful and quirky Mexican bar and restaurant; Motel Mexicola – Party at one of the world’s largest rooftop bars at the Double Six Luxury Hotel Party at the biggest club of Legian; Sky garden Enjoy drinks with a view at the Single Fin beach club Relax on a beach bed at Legian Sing in a karoake bar Enjoy Sanur Village Festival Have some drinks at Tubes bar poppies Line in Kuta
Haunted places in Bali
– Visit one of the two abandoned planes around Kuta – Discover Sanur’s abandoned amusement park: Taman Festival – Pray at the abandoned temple in Karangasem – Wander around an uncompleted hotel: Taman Rekreasi Bedugul – Discover Trunyan’s open-air cemetery in Kintamani
– Go Snorkeling or kayaking at Sunday’s Beach Club – Catch the Magnificent Waterblow at Nusa Dua ✔ Go swimming in one of the world’s best infinity pools at Ubud Hanging Gardens – Try on the Seawalker helmet to experience the underwater world of Bali – Snorkel around Pemuteran, Bali’s hidden underwater temple – Enjoy waterslides at the Waterbom waterpark – Do some water sports around Benoa Visit the Banjar Hot Springs Learn surfing at Kuta beach Go rafting on the Ayung River Enjoy swimming at Komune Beach Club, Keramas (free entrance) Snorkel at the Japanese ship wreck in Amed
– Swim with sharks in Sanur (Serangan island) – Visit Bali Safari & Marine Park – Marvel at dozens of bird species at Bali Bird Park Feed elephants at Bali Elephant Safari Park Save turtles at the turtle conservation in Sanur (Serangan island) See all kind of animals at Bali zoo in Gianyar Feed monkeys at the monkey forest in Ubud See dolphins during the sunrise at Lovina
Please be aware that any wildlife tourist attraction is harmful and that you should better avoid them. After all, we shouldn’t put ourselves, but the animals on the first place and try to do as little harm as possible to the places we visit. In this post, I give some clarification about 15 harmful animal tourist attractions that you better should avoid.
– Do yoga in the spiritual hub of Ubud – Meditate at the pools of Tirta Empul – Enjoy a movie night at Karma Beach ✔ Shop at one of the factory outlets (Hardy’s) ✔ Enjoy a movie at the World’s First Organic Vegetarian & Vegan Cinema; Paradiso, Ubud Shop at Kuta Beach Walk or Mall Bali Galeria Get a full body massage
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that when you purchase something through my links I earn a small fee at no extra costs to you. You still pay the same. Win-win! Thanks for supporting the work I put into Girlswanderlust.