Enjoy a little luxury at the PARKROYAL Penang Resort*****, Malaysia
During the time we were travelling through Malaysia, we’ve stayed at all kinds of accommodations. When we were looking for a nice hotel on the island Penang, we came across several, quite luxurious, resorts at the beach for a very reasonable price. We spoiled ourselves with a perfect stay at the PARKROYAL Penang Resort. In this article I’ll tell you some more about this hotel.
General description – PARKROYAL
PARKROYAL has 15 hotels, located in cities around Asia and Australia. Service is an important subject for the PARKROYAL chain. You can notice this by their description on the website:
“Saigon. Sydney. Singapore. Whether you’re in a big city or a cosy enclave, where there is a PARKROYAL hotel, resort or serviced suite, there is a celebration of people. Whether you’re simply stopping by or staying for long, discover our passion for creating real connections and joyous experiences from the moment you enter any of our 15 properties. So across Asia Pacific, from stopovers to longer stays, we will always be true to our belief that best in us brings out the best in you.“
The hotel is located directly at Batu Feringghi Beach, which makes it the perfect place for beach lovers. I loved to walk along the beach during the day or evening. You can find more hotels along the beach.
Honestly, I didn’t really like the town where the hotel is located. I find the buildings quite old and there aren’t many great shops and restaurants. May be I experienced the town in another way because it was low season at the time I was visiting Penang and therefor there weren’t many tourists.
However, the hotel has a nice and central location from where you can easily explore more of Penang. To George Town, the capital of the Island, it’s approximately 30 minutes by car. if you don’t have a car, I would recommend to go by bus or by taxi (tip: download the Grab app, which offer cheap taxi rides!).
In PARKROYAL Resort Penang, you can find anything you need. There is a fitness room, spa, swimming pool, business centre and some shops. There’s even a Kids Club, which makes the hotel accessible for families too. You can also find this “family-friendliness” at Amazonia, a water theme park within the resort. The hotel also features several restaurants, which I tell you more about later in this article.
During our stay, we slept in a Deluxe Room. I definitely loved it! The room is spacious -with a huge bed- and has an extra corner with couch. The equipment is very modern and everything is clean. All is well arranged, like you can also see above in the pictures. We also had a nice balcony with some sitting facilities.
There are several dining and drinking possibilities in the hotel:
– Cinnamon Asian Kitchen: besides having a local/Asian dinner in the evening, this is also the restaurant where the breakfast buffet is served in the morning. You can either sit inside or outside on the terrace. I haven’t been to the restaurant in the evening, but I have to say that the breakfast was perfect! There was so much choice.. Both local and international. Another nice thing: you can have some delicious coffee.
– Javana Lounge: this lounge and eatery is located next to the reception. When you’re arriving at the hotel, you get a welcome drink in this lounge. The service is good, same as the food. We’ve had lunch here ones and it was really nice.
– Sunset Bar: located outside, close to the swimming pool, you can find this “cocktail bar”. A nice place to have a drink enjoying your evening.
– Gustoso by the Beach: A nice and delicious restaurant located outside, close to the swimming pool. The atmosphere is really nice and again, the service is great.
– Gustoso: Another restaurant in the hotel where you can have a delicious, Italian dinner.
The price-quality ratio of this hotel is great! It’s quite cheap for a 5-star hotel. For one night, you pay around € 90,- including breakfast buffet. You can book this hotel for example at Booking.com.
This overview is a summary of the points written above. I’ll give a point from one star until five stars where one star is very bad and five stars is very good.
Room size: *****
Room attributes: *****
Like you can see above, I’m very positive about this hotel and will definitely recommend this for everyone who’s looking for a little luxury, but don’t want to spend too much.
Address: Batu Ferringhi Beach, 11100 Batu Ferringhi, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Photos from Booking.com
NOTE: this post is not sponsored and contains my personal and honest experience!