Who I am
This is a personal blog written and edited by Daphne van der Pol. My website address is: https://girlswanderlust.com.
Copyright, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
- All website design, text, graphics and other material on girlswanderlust.com (the “site) are property of the artist represented on this Site (together, or individually, the “Artist”).
- All images and artworks shown on this Site remain the property of the Artist. No form of reproduction for commercial or non-commercial use is permitted without prior permission from the Artist.
- The Artist has the right to reproduce all the artworks displayed on the site in print or any other format deemed appropriate.
- Artwork purchased on this site is for personal use only, intended for display in the home or other private spaces. For all other purposes, such as display in public spaces or institutions, publishing the image online or in print, or any other form of usage, permission must be granted by the Artist. Please contact me with any questions.
- At times, this website allows outside contributors to provide stories, content, and photos. If any content or destination url is altered in any way without the Artist’s knowledge and thus the content or destination url is no longer the same as agreed upon, the Artist has the right to remove the content or link completely from the Site. Also, if the content or link points to a 404 page, the Artist retains the right to remove it from the Site.
Use of the Site
- All content on this site is the opinion of the Artist.
- The goal of this site is to share travel experiences and to inspire people to travel. I may at times promote products or services. I recognize that all travel experiences are unique and I am not responsible if the experiences of my readers do not match those of my own.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of The Netherlands.
- I may collect and process the information about you that is provided to me through forms or correspondence that you send. This information may be used to operate, manage, develop and promote our future events, exhibitions and occasionally with details of special offers, new products or artworks that have been added to the website.
- Every effort is made to keep the website running smoothly. However, Girlswanderlust takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
What personal data I collect and why I collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site I collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the site, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on the site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
The embedded content is provided as a courtesy and I have no responsibility as to the nature, content, and availability of sites outside of my own. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
The Website uses a third party technology called Ezoic. Ezoic is committed to protecting your privacy. Azoic will only use the information that they collect lawfully in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
Ezoic’s principal activities are:
- Website analytics
- Website personalization
- Website hosting
6023 Innovation Way, Carlsbad, California, United States
Northern Design Centre, Abbott’s Hill, Gateshead, NE8 3DF United Kingdom
Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels
This Website may engage in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience.
This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Girlswanderlust is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, Booking.com and other affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and its affiliated sites, and other affiliate advertising websites. There is no additional cost to you if you make a purchase following an affiliate link on this website.
Occasionally I may accept sponsored trips, flights, hotel stays, tours, meals or other items or experiences. I may be compensated for providing opinions on products, services, websites, and various other topics. When I receive compensation, I will leave a note in the article to inform my readers of this. Although I may receive compensation for some posts or advertisements, I give only my honest opinion, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are entirely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party in question.
This service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
How long I retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data I hold about you, including any data you have provided to me. You can also request that I erase any personal data I hold about you. This does not include any data I are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where I send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
Email Address: in**@gi*************.com